APP Grand Rounds presented by MGH and BWH APP Education Committees 2022-2023: Archived
This activity provides on-demand archived lectures from the APP Grand Rounds Presented by MGH and BWH APP Education Committees 2022-2023. This educational monthly series is designed to provide clinical content that is relevant to multiple disciplines throughout the Mass General Brigham organization. The lectures are designed to provide concise and accurate information that clinicians can use to provide evidence-based care. The lectures have been designed based on feedback from community members.
Erin Schroeder, NP & Ariel Nowicki, PA-C
For questions regarding the registration process, please contact Mass General Brigham Office of Continuing Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may print individual certificates throughout the year; your cumulative list of completed activities is accessible on your transcript.
This activity is intended for all APPs, MDs, and Pharmacists within Mass General Brigham
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Summarize signs and symptoms of patients with various conditions discussed in series such as seizure, ACS, AKI.
- Identify the most up-to-date and evidence-based treatments for COVID for various patient populations (ie, high risk individuals or patient with medication interactions).
- Understand the evolving practice authority and requirements for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants within the healthcare team in the face of evolving practice authority legislature.
- Identify subspecialty provider teams to collaborate with regarding medically.
- Assess most up to date diagnostic and therapeutic modalities and innovations in care of patients who are of populations/with conditions discussed in series complex patients.
Mass General Brigham
July 12, 2022
COVID-19 Treatment Update
Arthur Y. Kim, MD
August 9, 2022
APP Legislative Updates: APRN Full Practice Authority & PA Optimal Team Practice
Joshua Merson, MS, MS-HPEd, PA-C, CAQ-EM
September 13, 2022
Wound Care for the APP
Maureen Walsh, MSN, CWCN, AGNP-C
October 11, 2022
George A. Alba, MD
November 8, 2022
Diagnosing and Treatment of Rhinosinusitis
Alice Maxfield, MD
|December 13, 2022|
Diversity, Inclusion & Racism in the Workplace
Leah Gordon, DNP, RN, CNP, FNP-C
Erin Schroeder, CNP
Nurse Practitioner, Gynecologic Oncology,
Massachusetts General Hospital
Ariel Nowicki, PA-C
Neurosurgery ICU Physician Assistant,
Brigham and Women's Hospital
DISCLOSURE SUMMARY OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Companies that are ineligible to be accredited in the ACCME System (ineligible companies) are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples of such organizations include:
- Advertising, marketing, or communication firms whose clients are ineligible companies
- Bio-medical startups that have begun a governmental regulatory approval process
- Compounding pharmacies that manufacture proprietary compounds
- Device manufacturers or distributors
- Diagnostic labs that sell proprietary products
- Growers, distributors, manufacturers or sellers of medical foods and dietary supplements
- Manufacturers of health-related wearable products
- Pharmaceutical companies or distributors
- Pharmacy benefit managers
- Reagent manufacturers or sellers
For more information: https://accme.org/faq/what-accmes-definition-ineligible-company
Mass General Brigham has implemented a process to mitigate relevant financial relationships for this continuing education (CE) activity to help ensure content objectivity, independence, fair balance and ensure that the content is aligned with the interest of the public.
The following planners reported no relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company:
Saksham Gupta, MD
Lindsay Harris, NP
Jessica L Logsdon, PA-C, MHA
Colleen McGauley, NP
Ariel Nowicki, PA-C
Joseph Parseghian, PA-C
Patricia Riley, NP
Darlene Sawicki, NP
Erin Schroeder, NP
Michael Schontz, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
In support of improving patient care, Mass General Brigham is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statements
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
Mass General Brigham designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity provides 1 contact hour (1 CEU) of continuing education credit. ACPE Universal Activity Number (UAN): JA0007437-0000-22-003-H04-P.