Clone of MOC Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) for Education Series Attendees - DO NOT USE
Mass General Brigham Maintenance of Certification Practice Improvement (MOC Part IV) for Education Series Attendees
Mass General Brigham Continuing Professional Development is the system-wide sponsor for the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Portfolio Program. Our goal is to help Mass General Brigham-affiliated physicians and physician assistants fulfill ABMS Maintenance of Certification (ABMS MOC®) Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) requirements.
We are initiating a pilot program to facilitate MOC for physicians who participate in educational activities related to quality improvement. As a participant in this quality improvement educational series, you are eligible for the pilot.
Basic requirements for quality improvement MOC include:
• Describing your quality improvement goal to address gaps in outcomes or care delivery.
• Reviewing data points related to your goal at least 2 times (at baseline and post intervention) .
• Implementing at least one intervention. (Participating in the education activity counts as the required intervention. You may choose to implement additional interventions.)
• Reflecting on and attesting to your quality improvement work.
You may submit this form to us any time throughout the educational series. At the end of the series, we will ask you to complete a few reflection questions and to provide your board information. We will then submit your information to the ABMS Portfolio Program. Your ABMS specialty board will post the credit in your individual profile.
To receive your Improvement in Medical Practice MOC credit, please follow the steps below.
- Confirm that your specialty board participates in the ABMS Portfolio program. Here is a link to participating boards: https://mocportfolioprogram.org/about-us/abms-member-board-participation/
- Click the blue "take course" button on the right-hand side of this page.
- Click on the Improvement in Medical Practice MOC Enrollment Form to complete initial enrollment.
- We will contact you to help ensure your QI effort will meet MOC requirements.
- Collect and review data.
- Attend the educational series and implement changes in your practice toward your quality improvement goal.
- Collect and review data after implementing changes, to see if improvements occurred.
- Return to this website. Click on the MOC IV Educational Series Submission and Reflection tab to complete the form.
- Complete all required fields in the online reflection form.
- The Mass General Brigham MOC Portfolio Approval program will report your participation to your board by the end of the calendar year.
The deadline to receive 2022 credit is 11/18/2022.
The deadline to receive 2023 credit is 11/17/2023.
Questions regarding Improvement in Medical Practice MOC or technical difficulties: email@example.com
Mass General Brigham
Your board will determine the number of Improvement in Medical Practice MOC credits.
This activity does not include CME credit.