December 1, 2022 MGH Cancer Center Grand Rounds 2022-2023: The Chabner Pioneers in Oncology Lectureship: Translating Aging Biology Into Patient Care - Archive - No CME credit
This activity provides on-demand archived lectures from the MGH Cancer Center Grand Rounds 2022-2023 series. As one of the leading academic cancer centers in the country, our research and clinical staff need to be educated on cutting edge information on advances and perspectives on cancer research and treatment across the full spectrum of cancer specialization. This will help clinicians understand, assess and apply this information in our rapidly advancing and highly specialized organization. Clinicians will present and discuss this information in a multi-specialty setting. Clinicians will be informed and challenged across the organization to reach beyond their own specialization and role, and support higher levels of learning and competence for themselves, teams, and functions.
Session formats will vary between didactic presentations, panel discussions, and debates. All sessions will allow live attendees the opportunity to interact with the presenters and ask questions, thus supporting active learning.
Course Director: Colin D. Weekes, MD, PhD
For questions regarding the registration process, please contact Mass General Brigham Office of Continuing Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may print individual certificates throughout the year; your cumulative list of sessions attended is accessible on your transcript.
This session will broadcast outside of Mass General Brigham
This activity is intended for medical professionals in the field of oncology.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate recent advances or controversies in hematology/oncology treatment, clinical research and/or basic science investigation presented in this conference
- Assess opportunities to integrate information, tools or practices presented in this conference into how you deliver or support research and patient care
- Incorporate new information or perspectives from this conference into specific aspects of your responsibilities in patient care, research or the system in which you work
- Recognize evolving landscape of cancer care worldwide
Provided by Mass General Brigham
Colin D. Weekes, MD, PhD
Director, Pancreatic Cancer Research,
Mass General Cancer Center;
Associate Professor of Medicine,
Harvard Medical School
Disclosure Summary of Relevant Financial Relationships
Companies that are ineligible to be accredited in the ACCME System (ineligible companies) are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples of such organizations include:
- Advertising, marketing, or communication firms whose clients are ineligible companies
- Bio-medical startups that have begun a governmental regulatory approval process
- Compounding pharmacies that manufacture proprietary compounds
- Device manufacturers or distributors
- Diagnostic labs that sell proprietary products
- Growers, distributors, manufacturers or sellers of medical foods and dietary supplements
- Manufacturers of health-related wearable products
- Pharmaceutical companies or distributors
- Pharmacy benefit managers
- Reagent manufacturers or sellers
For more information: https://accme.org/faq/what-accmes-definition-ineligible-company
Mass General Brigham has implemented a process to mitigate relevant financial relationships for this continuing education (CE) activity to help ensure content objectivity, independence, fair balance and ensure that the content is aligned with the interest of the public.
The following planners reported no relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company:
Colin D. Weekes, MD, MPH
The following speaker reported no relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company:
The following speaker reported a relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company:
This session is not eligible for CME credit
- 0.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.00 Participation