SRH PM&R Grand Rounds 2022-2023 - Archived
This activity provides on-demand archived lectures covering a wide range of clinical, research, systems, and ethical issues in physical medicine and rehabilitation. In addition, we will address the Board of Registration in Medicine requirements for CME credits in pain management/opioids and end-of-life care
Course Director: Mel Glenn, MD
For questions regarding the registration process, please contact Mass General Brigham Office of Continuing Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may print individual certificates throughout the year; your cumulative list of completed activities is accessible on your transcript.
This activity is intended for MDs, at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Review the evidence for or against various interventions for the treatment of conditions commonly seen in rehabilitation practice.
- Assess the effect that research has had on various aspects of rehabilitation care.
- Identify how they can have a positive influence on the lifestyle choices of providers, including themselves, and people with disabilities.
Mass General Brigham
Mel Glenn, MD, PhD
Chief, Brain Injury Division,
Massachusetts General Hospital
DISCLOSURE SUMMARY OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Companies that are ineligible to be accredited in the ACCME System (ineligible companies) are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples of such organizations include:
- Advertising, marketing, or communication firms whose clients are ineligible companies
- Bio-medical startups that have begun a governmental regulatory approval process
- Compounding pharmacies that manufacture proprietary compounds
- Device manufacturers or distributors
- Diagnostic labs that sell proprietary products
- Growers, distributors, manufacturers or sellers of medical foods and dietary supplements
- Manufacturers of health-related wearable products
- Pharmaceutical companies or distributors
- Pharmacy benefit managers
- Reagent manufacturers or sellers
For more information: https://accme.org/faq/what-accmes-definition-ineligible-company
Mass General Brigham has implemented a process to mitigate relevant financial relationships for this continuing education (CE) activity to help ensure content objectivity, independence, fair balance and ensure that the content is aligned with the interest of the public.
The following planners reported no relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company:
Jason Frankel, MD
Mel Glenn, MD, PhD
Jeffrey Schneider, MD
In support of improving patient care, Mass General Brigham is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
Mass General Brigham designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.