Quality Improvement MOC: QI Manuscript Submission and Reflection - DO NOT USE
Mass General Brigham Maintenance of Certification Practice Improvement (MOC Part IV) for QI Manuscripts
Mass General Brigham Continuing Professional Development is the system-wide sponsor for the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Portfolio Program. Our goal is to help Mass General Brigham-affiliated physicians and physician assistants fulfill ABMS Maintenance of Certification (ABMS MOC®) Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) requirements.
We can now support the awarding of MOC credits for physicians who are authors of Quality Improvement Manuscripts. To receive MOC quality improvement credit for your manuscript, please log in to the learning management system and fill out a brief form, and provide a copy of the manuscript.
Basic requirements include:
- Manuscript must include an adequate and appropriate Aim Statement/SMART Goal. (SMART Goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound)
- Manuscript must include adequate and appropriate measures that are aligned to determine if change occurs and relate directly to the Aim Statement/SMART Goal.
- Manuscript must include adequate and appropriate interventions that have been aligned to impact the measures and were implemented into practice.
- Manuscript must have been accepted for publication.
Please ensure that your manuscript includes the above requirements.
To receive your Improvement in Medical Practice MOC credit, please follow the steps below.
- Confirm that your specialty board participates in the ABMS Portfolio program. Here is a link to participating boards: https://mocportfolioprogram.org/about-us/abms-member-board-participation/
- Click the blue "take course" button on the right-hand side of this page.
- Click on the QI Manuscript Submission and Reflection tab to complete the form.
- Complete all required fields in the online reflection form.
- The Mass General Brigham MOC Portfolio Approval program will report your participation to your board by the end of the calendar year.
The deadline to receive 2022 credit is 11/18/2022.
Questions regarding Improvement in Medical Practice MOC or technical difficulties: email@example.com
Mass General Brigham
Your board will determine the number of Improvement in Medical Practice MOC credits.
This activity does not include CME credit.