Quality Improvement MOC: QI Poster Submission and Reflection
Mass General Brigham Maintenance of Certification Practice Improvement (MOC Part IV) for QI Posters
Mass General Brigham Continuing Professional Development is the system-wide sponsor for the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Portfolio Program. Our goal is to help Mass General Brigham-affiliated physicians and physician assistants fulfill ABMS Maintenance of Certification (ABMS MOC®) Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) requirements.
We can now support the awarding of MOC credits for physicians who are authors of Quality Improvement Posters. To receive MOC quality improvement credit for your poster, please log in to the learning management system, fill out a brief form, and upload a copy of the poster.
Basic requirements include:
- Poster must include an adequate and appropriate Aim Statement/SMART Goal. (SMART Goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound)
- Poster must include adequate and appropriate measures that are aligned to determine if change occurs and relate directly to the Aim Statement/SMART Goal.
- Poster must include adequate and appropriate interventions that have been aligned to impact the measures and were implemented into practice.
- Poster must have been presented at a conference, symposium, or other organizational event.
Please ensure that your poster includes the above requirements.
To receive your Improvement in Medical Practice MOC credit, please follow the steps below.
- Confirm that your specialty board participates in the ABMS Portfolio program. Here is a link to participating boards: https://mocportfolioprogram.org/about-us/abms-member-board-participation/
- Click the blue "take course" button on the right-hand side of this page.
- Click on the QI Poster Submission and Reflection tab to complete the form.
- Complete all required fields in the online reflection form. Be sure to upload a copy of your poster.
- The Mass General Brigham MOC Portfolio Approval program will report your participation to your board by the end of the calendar year.
The deadline to receive 2022 credit is 11/18/2022.
Questions regarding Improvement in Medical Practice MOC or technical difficulties: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mass General Brigham
Your board will determine the number of Improvement in Medical Practice MOC credits.
This activity does not include CME credit.