HSCT Introduction and History of Bone Marrow Transplant
During this course, learners will learn more about Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation including - Donor Source (Auto vs. Allo), Bone Marrow versus PBSC for Allo, Conditioning (Preparative) Therapy: MAC vs RIC (vs NMA), Allogeneic HCT donor types and GVHD vs GVL. Learners will also learn more about Supportive Care and Survivorship.
Estimated Duration of Course:
This offering carries 2.00 contact hours.
Registered Nurses working on or affiliated with the Lunder 10 Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.
- Define Bone Marrow Transplant
- Explain the history of BMT and the history of the MGH BMT Program
- Define Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Explain the differences between Donor Source (Autologous vs. Allogeneic)
- Describe Bone Marrow vs Peripheral Blood Stem Cell (PBSC) for Allogeneic
- Explain Conditioning (Preparative) Therapy: Myeloablative Conditioning (MAC) vs Reduced-Intensity Conditioning (RIC) (vs NMA)
- Define Allogeneic HCT donor types
- Differentiate between GVHD vs GVL
- Describe principles of Supportive Care and Survivorship
The Norman Knight Nursing Center
Please visit our website at https://mghpcs.org/KnightCenter
Course version: 10.2021.1.1
Thomas Spitzer, MD
Patricia Crispi PhD(c), RN, NPD-BC
Giuliana De Marchi MSN, NP and Sally Alexander MSN, RN
Maria Alfonso, RN and Colleen Walsh, RN
The Norman Knight Nursing Center for Clinical & Professional Development at Massachusetts General Hospital is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91)
Criteria for successful completion include: registration and check-in at the program, attendance of no less than 80% of the event, completion of any assigned pre and/or post work, attestation statement when required, and activity evaluation. Certificate with contact hours will then be delivered electronically.
No one with the ability to control content of this activity has a relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company.