4th Annual Partners PROMs Summit: "PROMS 2.0: New Improvements, New Knowledge, and New Perspectives"
The 4th Annual PROMs Summit includes a keynote from national PROMs expert Dr. David Cella and sessions highlighting advances in PROMs data collection and clinical usage. PROMS Medical Director Dr. Rachel Sisodia will review the new Subject Area Mart for PROMS data in the EDW as well as the upcoming improvements in how PROs are visualized in EPIC. We will also discuss how PROMs are created, examples of current PROMs use in the enterprise (including CMS and PCORI grants), and strategies for PROMs integration into clinical practice.
Optional afternoon workshops will address the science of PRO research analytics, PROMs data exporting/reporting, and the latest Partners and Epic PROMs changes for interested clinics and those wanting to re-engage.
This activity is intended for clinical, research, and administrative staff from across the Partners network. For the first time, academic credits for both physicians AND nurses will be offered.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe advances in PROMs data collection, availability and clinical usage over the last few years.
- Identify potential strategies for successful PROMs integration in clinical practice.
- Describe the evolving national interest in PRO measures and their inclusion in payer requirements.
- Assess examples of current PROMs work in both research and clinical quality improvement.
Partners HealthCare System - Quality, Safety & Value
When you arrive please enter through the West lobby, and proceed directly to the registration table to the left of the entrance.
- Partners HealthCare is convenient to the Orange Line; with the Assembly Station just a 2-minute walk away. The campus is shared with retail, so public transportation is strongly encouraged.
- Partners HealthCare Garage: 399 Revolution Dr., Somerville, MA 02145
- Parking is available on a first come basis and will likely be busy on a workday.
- Park in the Partners HealthCare garage by pulling a ticket at the North or West entrances (map enclosed in How to Get to Assembly Row). A limited number of parking vouchers will be available on a first come basis and will be distributed first to speakers and patients/families and then to others.
- We are not able to provide validation at any of the other public garages.
Rachel Clark Sisodia, MD - Course Director
Gynecologic Oncologist, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Yawkey Cancer Center.
Dr. Sisodia is originally from Harrodsburg, Kentucky. She received her medical degree from Emory University and subsequently completed her residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology at the combined Brigham & Women's/Massachusetts General Hospital program at Harvard. Following residency, she did her fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
Currently, Dr. Sisodia is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology at Harvard Medical School. She also serves as an Associate Medical Director for the Massachusetts General Physician Organization and an Associate Medical Director for Patient Reported Outcomes at Partners Healthcare. Within these roles, she oversees Patient Reported Outcomes both at MGH and across the enterprise as well as various other physician led initiatives.
As a intern, she gained national attention in both the New York Times and the CBS Early show for helping to diagnose a rare disease known as anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis as related to ovarian teratoma. She has published articles on this topic as well as others on a diverse range of topics including surgical outcomes, molecular signatures in endometrial cancer, minimally invasive surgery, rare tumors and debulking for ovarian cancer. Her clinical interests include Patient Reported Outcomes, complex pelvic surgery for ovarian cancer, surgical outcomes & perioperative care and minimally invasive surgical approaches including laparoscopic single site surgery.
Partners HealthCare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for Physicians.
Partners HealthCare System designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Norman Knight Nursing Center for Clinical & Professional Development at Massachusetts General Hospital is an approved provider by the Ohio Nurses Association an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) (OH-239, 10/1/2020).
Criteria for successful completion include: electronic check-in (attendance) at the beginning of the program, attendance at the entire event and submission of a completed evaluation. Planners, faculty and content experts have no conflict of interest to disclose.
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.50 Nursing Contact Hours
- 7.50 Participation