DOWNLOAD A COURSE REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST:
Most physicians will have completed these in previous years – if you have a prior certificate documenting this then you will not need to repeat these requirements.
Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia
- MGB Optimizing the Care of Patients with Alzheimer's, Related Dementias & Delirium (3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM)
- Introduction to Serious Illness Communication (1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM)
Proficiency in Electronic Health Records
- This activity is eligible for 3.00 self-claimed credits based on whether you took EPIC training to obtain access to the MGB EPIC electronic medical record system. If you are audited, you will need to have a signed statement that you completed the training with an approximate date & location.
Reporting Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Training
- The Recognition, Management & Reporting of Child Maltreatment (1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM)
Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence Training
- Domestic & Sexual Violence Integration Initiatives (mass.gov)
- Before proceeding to this training, please read the following instructions.
- Confronting and Reducing Unconscious Bias in Medicine (1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM)
REQUIREMENTS PER LICENSING CYCLE (Every 2 years)
Opioids and Pain Management
All of the following components are required if you are a prescriber.
- Treating Pain in the Patient with Opioid Use Disorder (0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM)
- Using Electronic Health Record Tools to Improve Care for Patients Prescribed Opioids or with Opioid Use Disorder (0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM)
- Buprenorphine 101 (1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM)
- The Role of Acute Care Prescribing in the Opioid Epidemic (1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM)
- SRN Improving Provider Health & Happiness by Beth Frates, MD (0.25 - 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM per module)
Reading the Board’s Regulations, 243 CMR 1.00-5.00